I gruppi preferiti di Elijah

« Older   Newer »
wellingirl
view post Posted on 21/10/2008, 21:18

Raga ho pensato che questa è una curiosità interessante! Ho appena scoperto che i gruppi preferiti di Eli sono i Radiohead, i Beatles, The Hives, gli Smashing Pumpkins ed in particolare tutta la musica di Billy Corgan, Stone Roses, Ramones e Black Sabbath... inoltre gli piace anche Iggy Pop tanto è vero che lo interpreterà in un film ora in produzione!
Beh che dire, ha sicuramente più buon gusto in fatto di musica che in fatto di donne XD (ok basta)

Vi piacciono questi gruppi? :woot:

:furtivo:

Edited by wellingirl - 28/10/2008, 20:47

§†èllåÐèlVè!Þ®º
view post Posted on 23/10/2008, 09:23

nn so chi sn *-* mai sentiti

wellingirl
view post Posted on 23/10/2008, 19:45

Allora ti consiglio di sentire qualche canzone ;) anche se qualcuno di questi gruppi anch'io lo conosco solo di nome...
Però devo dire che Eli ha un certo orientamento musicale verso il genere alternativo-punk :P

§†èllåÐèlVè!Þ®º
view post Posted on 24/10/2008, 18:07

ok...beh ci credo sta cn pamela ihihihihih mi da l'aria di punk un po :P

_delilah;
view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 12:20

Ramones, Beatles,Stone Roses e Black Sabbath sono qualcosa di sublime *-*
degli Hives conosco poco, ma sono bravi ^^
Di Iggy Pop avevo scaricato qualcosa come tipo 20 canzoni ma sono finite tutte nel cestino ahahha
non mi piace u_u

wellingirl
view post Posted on 13/1/2009, 22:03

Spulciando per il web ho trovato i 10 cd preferiti di Elijah e per ognuno c'è il suo commento :D

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

This was the first band I ever really worshipped, and this album meant everything to me. I've always stuck by them because of Siamese Dream, even though most people I know hate them, or, more specifically, hate Billy Corgan. I hope that in years to come people will reappraise it and realize that Corgan was perhaps the greatest songwriter of his generation

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
I discovered it in New Zealand when we were filming the Lord of the Rings. Every time I play it, it fills me with memories of Frodo Baggins. It's so innovative and progressive, and it has influenced so many people.Tthe band's story is a sad one, because the success of this record effectively ruined them --- but maybe it's even better because of that. My favorite album ever? Could be.

Verbena - Souls for Sale

Icame upon them by accident, reading an article in a magazine. That's what I do: I read about all different kinds of music, then I go out and experiment. It didn't exactly sound like my thing, but I liked their enthusiasm, so I bought it. This is just a brilliant record.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

This was the first record that really got me into jazz, back in '96, '97. I'd heard a little jazz at that point -- Coltrane, Ellington -- but I was intent on finding the perfect introduction. As soon as i heard this, I thought it was unbelievable. I've since branched off into lots of other kinds of jazz, but this remains a special album.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

I got into this during my mid-'90s metal stage. There is absolutely no correlation between this and the current crop of nu-metal, which, if you ask me, can get f***ed. I hate all that s***: Limp Bizkit and Disturbed can go to hell. It's not rock at all, and if it is, then it's not good rock. The only band that comes close is maybe Queens of the Stone Age. The others suck.

Buffalo Daughter - New Rock

Whenever I get tired of american music, I start reading, searching the internet and browsing through record stores for weird s***. This is one I came up with recently. It's two girls and one guy from Japan, and they do rock and dance-type electronica, with funk and soul thrown in. They do things with music that no american band can do. It's impossible to get tired of. Check it out.

The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

I absolutely adore this album. I was really into discovering new things when it came out -- i must have been 10 -- and here was this cute band from England that the british press was going wild over. I liked the fact that I got it before any of my friends! The Sundays haven't been very productive since, have they? [sighs] I really do love them.

The Meters - Look-ka Py Py

The Meters started in the '60s in New Orleans and were partly made up of Neville Brothers -- as in the Neville brother's. It's the kind of thing I like to hear with a few buddies when we're going to have an all-night session, you know? It's that kind of music: instant atmosphere. It may be hard to dig up this album, but you have to try to find it -- it's worth it

A Tribe called Quest - Midnight Marauders

I like a lot of hip-hop -- always have. I like the delivery, the poetry. And Q-tip must have the best rap voice of them all. This has to be my favorite rap album, or at least my joint favorite alongside de la soul is dead, which is another truly fantastic rap album. If i had to pick one? OK, this one, but just by a whisper!

Prince - 1999

I've always loved Prince. He's a genius. Or was a genius -- he hasn't done anything great for almost a decade. But the years '79 to '88, he was untouchable. He couldn't write a bad song. I think 1999 is funkier than anything he's ever done before or since, and it probably contains my favorite Prince songs, from 'Lady Cab Driver' to 'd.m.s.r.' it has so many different flavors, this album -- it's awesome.

Ed ecco un elenco delle sue canzoni preferite :P

Treble Charger - Roller
Hotwire - Go All the Way
Chixdiggit - The Kid is Hot Tonight
New Bomb Turks - Chip Away the Stone
AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - We're Not Gonna Take It
The Donnas - Living After Midnight
Andrew W. K. - Take It Off
Spookey Ruben - Overkills
The Deadly Snakes - I Don't Mind
The Sadies - The Last of the Good
Stone Roses - I am the Resurrection
Sneaker Pimps - Sick
Brian Eno & David Byrne - Regiment
The Bees - Punchbag
Gomez - Shot Shot
Cornelius - Another View Point
The Clean - Point That Thing Somewhere Else
White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
Idlewild - I Don't Have the Map
The Hives - Die Alright
The Stooges - No Fun

view post Posted on 14/1/2009, 14:03

*sofficina*

Group:

Grazie per queste info!!!!

:D :D

Web  Top
wellingirl
view post Posted on 14/1/2009, 14:35

CITAZIONE (JulyAneko @ 14/1/2009, 14:03)
Grazie per queste info!!!!

:D :D

Figurati, mi sembrava una cosa carina soprattutto xkè secondo me si riesce a capire molto delle persone in base alla musica che si ascolta, sembra strano ma è così :P

bella`
view post Posted on 14/1/2009, 15:12

Awww, beh, come hai detto te, ha sicuramente più buon gusto per la musica che per le donne xD

_delilah;
view post Posted on 14/1/2009, 17:54

oh, ne conoscessi uno XD
uahuahua comunque ha gusti particolari... e sono sicura che molti degli interpreti delle sue canzoni preferite saranno conosciuti solo in America u.u

9 replies since 21/10/2008, 21:18   185 views