Elijah parla di Cedar Rapids, intervistina^^

« Older   Newer »
WELLINGirl
icon5  view post Posted on 23/10/2007, 22:51

ecco qui cosa ho trovato, ho pensato che questa fosse la sezione giusta :)

Elijah Wood still fond of Iowa

Actor and Cedar Rapids native Elijah Wood listens to a reporter's question during a press conference for "Day Zero" at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York Monday, April 30, 2007.

By Rob Merritt

The Gazette

It's been almost two decades since Elijah Wood left Cedar Rapids for a career in Hollywood.

He says he's due for a visit.

“I often think about going back,” Wood told The Gazette on Sunday at the Tribeca Film Festival, where he was promoting his latest film, “Day Zero.” “I've been away for so long, for so many reasons. I mean, I moved out to Los Angeles at such a young age, but the older I get, the more I want to go back and see it from a completely different perspective.”

Wood, 26, was a student at St. Patrick's Elementary School in Cedar Rapids when he was discovered by a talent agent and moved to California. He found early success in movies likes “Back to the Future II” before the combination of “Radio Flyer,” “The Good Son” and “Forever Young” catapulted him into stardom.

In recent years, the actor's career has included blockbusters like “Sin City” and the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

Wood was at Tribeca this week, however, to promote “Day Zero,” a small independent film about what would happen if the U.S. military reinstated the draft.

Wood plays a writer who panics over his draft notice and plans how to spend his last days with friends (Chris Klein and Jon Bernthal) before shipping out to Iraq.

“He kind of loses control; it's a character with a great descent, and I was very attracted to that,” Wood said. “It gave me an opportunity to work with material that I've not worked with before.”

The role is a mature one in which Wood's character smokes weed, hires a prostitute and eventually shaves his head on camera.

Director Bryan Gunnar Cole told The Gazette that Wood threw himself into the project without any reservations.

“He's a consummate professional, an absolute delight,” Cole said.

Actress Ginnifer Goodwin (“Walk the Line,” “Big Love”) also had kind words for Wood, who she said kept things light and entertaining on the set despite the difficult material.

“He has a contagious spirit,” said Goodwin, 28. “He's a dream of a co-star.”

Wood said he spoke with his “Lord of the Rings” co-star Sean Astin when Astin was cast in “The Final Season,” a movie filmed last summer entirely in Eastern Iowa. Wood said he'd love to have his own chance to make a movie in his home state.

“That tax incentive is wonderful,” he said, referring to the tax incentive for filmmakers that the Iowa Legislature passed last week. “If it brings more movies to Iowa, that would be fantastic.”

It's been a long time since his St. Patrick's days, but Wood said he's “flattered” to hear that so many Iowans still
follow his career.

“I hold a great fondness for Iowa and for my childhood while growing up there,” he said. “It was amazing.”

nel caso serva a qualcuno la traduzione basta chiedere alla sottoscritta :P

0 replies since 23/10/2007, 22:51   317 views